Wednesday 6 August 2008

Halle Berry Files Criminal Complaint Against Paparazzi

Halle Berry has filed a deplorable complaint against a paparazzi photographer who� conducted a “selfsame blatant and invasive tresspass,” her attorney aforementioned Friday (July 25).
Photos of Berry and her four-month-old daughter, Nahla Ariela Aubry, circulated on the meshing and were published in Life & Style and In Touch magazines, claiming the photos were taken while she was “out and about in Los Angeles.”
Berry released a statement to The Associated Press saying, �The paparazzi have departed too far. [Gabriel] and I have always remained that we would never sell baby photos or otherwise overwork her in any way.
“I get long since come to terms with the fact that choosing a career as an actress has made me a public figure, merely my infant has made no such choice, and unless and until she does, I will do everything I can for the sake of her safety and well-being to keep her out of the public eye.”
She adds, “I mean to do everything I can to make sure the photographer who lawlessly intruded into my place is criminally prosecuted.�
A rep for the magazines told the AP that they licensed the pic from “an established picture agency,” and “are non aware on that point was anything improper in the pickings of this image.”
Evan Spiegal, Berry’s lawyer, explained that a criminal complaint had been filed against Fame Pictures over the pic, however, the company has agreed to have the photo removed from circulation.
A spokesman for the paparazzi agency said, “It was a inadequate decision to put those pictures out in the first place because they were taken on private property. I think she�s completely in the right to protect her child.�
Photo courtesy of Sony Pictures.